[IRTalk] Fwd: [DIGLIB] Virtual Open Repositories Meeting June 1-4 2020

Wynand Van Der Walt w.vanderwalt at ru.ac.za
Tue May 19 09:01:11 SAST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dunn, Jon William Butcher <jwd at iu.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 at 18:24
Subject: [DIGLIB] Virtual Open Repositories Meeting June 1-4 2020
To: diglib at iflalists.org <diglib at iflalists.org>

Dear Colleagues,

Although the Open Repositories (OR) conference planned for Stellenbosch
this June is postponed until May 31 – June 3rd 2021, we are happy to invite
you to join a series of free virtual meetings on June 1-4, 2020.

These will offer updates from the OR community and highlight current
discussions, innovations and recent advancements. We aim to create space
for learning and connection during the week that OR2020 would have run.
This will include one main session per day over Zoom for a duration of ~2
hours and a number of workshops. Presentations will be recorded and
uploaded to the Zenodo Open Repositories community at
https://zenodo.org/communities/openrepos and YouTube. And we will also have
a series of conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #OpenRepos2020.

We are pleased to announce that Kathleen Shearer, Executive Director of the
Confederation of Open Access Repositories (COAR), will present a Keynote on
June 1st at 3PM UTC titled: “Reframing the conversation: applying the
principles of diversity, equity and inclusion to scholarly communications”.
We hope you will join us for this engaging presentation and the discussion
to follow. Please see the program at
https://or2020.sun.ac.za/conference-programme/ for more details on
additional sessions and workshops.

The main meeting will take place on June 1-4, 2020 starting at 3PM UTC each
day. Sessions will be recorded for later viewing.

Participants are asked to register for each day and for each workshop they
wish to attend. Registration and a schedule may be found at
https://or2020.sun.ac.za/conference-programme/
Registration is free!

We hope to see you online in June and in Stellenbosch in 2021:
https://or2020.sun.ac.za/2020/03/13/important-announcement-conference-postponed/

Thanks and best wishes,

Leila Sterman, Iryna Kuchma, Lazarus Matizirofa, and Dr Daisy Selematsela

Program Committee Co-Chairs
On behalf of the OR2020 Program Committee

Unsubscribe from this list :
https://mail.iflalists.org/wws/sigrequest/diglib
For assistance please contact: mailing.lists at ifla.org

--
<https://www.ru.ac.za/library>

Wynand Van Der Walt
Head Librarian: Technical Services
Rhodes University Library
t: +27 (0) 46 603 8281
Library, Artillery Road, Grahamstown, 6139
PO Box 94, Grahamstown, 6140, South Africa
www.ru.ac.za/library <https://www.ru.ac.za>