[Irtalk] Open Access and Digital Scholarship Blog-Open Access and Digital Scholarship at Imperial College London. Making Open Access simple – The Imperial College approach to OA

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 13:22:39 SAST 2015

When you come at it for the first time, open access looks pretty complicated
​.  Even librarians sometimes struggle to understand journal policies, or
what certain licensing conditions actually mean.
It was perhaps for this reason that, when we started the College open
access project, academics gave us a clear mission: a one button solution to
open access.

We haven’t quite achieved that yet, but since May we are running a new
workflow that reduces the complexity to one sentence: ‘*When you have a
paper accepted, deposit the peer-reviewed manuscript – we do the rest, no
matter what type of open access.*’
​

https://wwwf.imperial.ac.uk/blog/openaccess/2015/07/28/making-open-access-simple-the-imperial-college-approach-to-oa/