[Irtalk] A better term for "scholarly communication"?

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:27:46 SAST 2015

Hi Alison,

Just to add by way of an example.
Our implementation of ORCID for researchers was started by the library,
however it is now in the hands of the research office by way of our
IT/research liaison officer
ORCID requires institutional buy-in from the researchers, therefore the
research office seemed to be the natural fit for ownership of the
implementation.

It seems to me that librarians are averse to becoming active publishers of
content instead of passive consumers. But I believe that scholarly
publishing should become an essential service that future academic
libraries should provide.

Comments very welcome.

Regards

hg