[IRTalk] Fwd: [rda-libresearchdata] RDM Services in Academic and Research Libraries --- Survey invitation

Heila Pienaar heila.pienaar at up.ac.za
Thu Jan 18 12:14:44 SAST 2024

From: madiareni via Libraries for Research Data IG <
rda-libresearchdata at rda-groups.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024, 9:32 pm
Subject: [rda-libresearchdata] RDM Services in Academic and Research
Libraries --- Survey invitation
To: Libraries for Research Data IG <rda-libresearchdata at rda-groups.org>

***Apologies for cross-posting***

Dear colleague,
My name is Madiareni Sulaiman
<https://www.ucl.ac.uk/information-studies/madiareni-sulaiman>, and I am
researching collaboration practices in delivering RDM Services for my
doctoral thesis.

This is an invitation to participate in a survey on the research data
management services (RDMS) that have been implemented in academic and
research libraries (ARL). Ten randomly chosen respondents will be
compensated for their time with *a £10 Amazon voucher (or equivalent)*. A
link to the voucher will be sent to the chosen respondents’ email following
the completion of the survey.

Any (1) *librarians or library workers in an academic or research library *AND
(2) *have* *the responsibility providing research data management services* are
invited, encouraged, and welcome to fill it out, and I would be immensely
grateful for every single response - *as you might remember from your own
degree, *it can be hard to find survey participants.

By participating in the survey, you will provide valuable insight into
current RDM collaboration practices in data librarianship. All responses
will be reported as aggregated data, and no individual responses will be
disclosed.

*What are we asking you to do?*

   1. Take this survey <https://bit.ly/ipcp-rdms> (which should take
   approximately 18-20 minutes)
   2. Share the survey link with librarians in your institutions and
   organizations
   3. Help shape the future of RDM practice in librarianship

Using a computer to complete the survey is recommended for a smoother
experience. You will be able to pause the survey and return at a later
point in time as long as you use the same browser. I have also formatted an
email advertising my study, which can be inserted into an all-staff email
or newsletter (*should you have one*), which I hope will make it easier to
share my survey with your service. *Please find it below.*

Thank you so much for your time and assistance. I look forward to your
valued contributions.

*Follow this link to the Survey:*
*https://bit.ly/ipcp-rdms* <https://bit.ly/ipcp-rdms>
*If you choose to participate, please have it completed by 29 February
2024.*

*If you have any questions, please contact:*
*Madiareni Sulaiman, University College London at *
*madiareni.sulaiman at ucl.ac.uk* <madiareni.sulaiman at ucl.ac.uk>
*Supervisor: Alison Hicks, University College London (**a.hicks at ucl.ac.uk*
<a.hicks at ucl.ac.uk>*)*

Kind regards,
Reni (she/her)

This student project is funded by the Indonesian Endowment Fund for
Education (LPDP) (Grant number: 202204223008507). It is supervised by
Alison Hicks, Principal Investigator (PI) and Madiareni Sulaiman, PhD
Student, Department of Information Studies, University College London (Data
Protection Registration Number: Z6364106/2023/06/03 social research and
Ethics Project ID: 24287/001).
Email / Newsletter copy:

*Help with thesis research: RDM Services*

We have been approached by Madiareni Sulaiman
<https://www.ucl.ac.uk/information-studies/madiareni-sulaiman>, a doctoral
student in Information Studies at the University College London, who is
researching collaboration practices in delivering RDM Services. She has
sent us a 18-20-minute survey for you to fill out, which you can find here:

*https://bit.ly/ipcp-rdms* <https://bit.ly/ipcp-rdms>

The survey is anonymous and any (1) *librarians or library workers in an
academic or research library, *who (2) *have* *the responsibility providing
research data management services* is invited, encouraged, and welcome to
fill it out. Ten randomly chosen respondents will be compensated for their
time with *a £10 Amazon voucher (or equivalent)*. She said that she will be
immensely grateful for every single response, because - *as you might
remember from your own degree* - it can be hard to find survey participants.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance. She looks forward to your
valued contributions.

Any questions should be addressed to: *madiareni.sulaiman at ucl.ac.uk*
<madiareni.sulaiman at ucl.ac.uk> or Supervisor: Alison Hicks (
a.hicks at ucl.ac.uk).