[IRTalk] Reminder OASPA webinar on January 23- OASPA’s Wayfinders: Increasing Equity in Open Access Publishing

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Wed Jan 17 21:16:42 SAST 2024

A reminder to join us for the inaugural webinar in our new "Wayfinders"
series - showcasing those publishers increasing equity in OA in different
ways, which will take place on Tuesday January 23.

Throughout 2024 OASPA is amplifying ‘wayfinders’ – examples of those
increasing equity in OA in different ways. In our launch webinar of the
Wayfinders Series, discussion of four distinct models will spark thinking
around correcting current trajectories of (predominantly) inequitable OA.
This wayfinders webinar features science journals from two different
continents, books in the humanities, and a medical journal turning the
APC/waiver model on its head in favour of total inclusion.

OASPA’s wayfinders series brings to life practical case-studies helping all
organisations find their own way to more equity in OA. Full
information including
speaker biographies can be found on the latest blog post
<https://oaspa.org/introducing-oaspas-wayfinders-increasing-equity-in-open-access-publishing/>
.

This webinar will be chaired by OASPA's *Malavika Legge*. We welcome our
panelists - *Danny Burke, Ros Pyne, Meagan Phelan* and *Susan Veldsman.*

Please join us live
<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yDvsRnSkSVmRlLfivVqSNA#/registration>
for
this free webinar and contribute to the discussion. Link to registration
page to share:  https://bit.ly/oaspa-webinar-registration-jan24

With thanks to our webinar series sponsors (Royal Society of Chemistry,
Trend MD and Hindawi) whose support enables us to offer our webinars
without charge to all.

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org

OASPA2023 conference recordings at
https://oaspa.org/2023-conference-program/
Support our work - Become an OASPA Supporter
<https://oaspa.org/support-oaspa/>
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>