[IRTalk] Report from OASPA Equity in Open Access workshop #4: Money Flows & Trust Signals in Open Access for all

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Thu Jul 20 18:55:42 SAST 2023

Dear OASPA Member or Supporter

OASPA has been running a series of workshops on Equity in Open Access (OA).
Our 4th and final workshop was held on 22 June. In this session
participants discussed two topics: (1) problems of perceptions and prestige
in OA publishing and (2) pathways to funding OA without researcher-facing
and per-article fees.

OASPA has put together reflections on the second aspect of this
conversation, and we are pleased to share this resulting piece: Money Flows
& Trust Signals in Open Access for all
<https://oaspa.org/report-from-equity-in-open-access-workshop-4-part-1-money-flows-trust-signals-in-oa-for-all/>.
This blogpost also links to the formal report arising from workshop #4.

Part 2 covering the other half of workshop #4 discussions around
perceptions and prestige issues in OA will follow in due course. For now,
though, OASPA invites your thoughts, feedback or critique on our post
regarding money flows to achieve a more equitable form of OA. You are
welcome to comment openly at the end of the blog, or send a direct email to
our Program Manager: malavika.legge at oaspa.org.

Best wishes,
Bernie

P.s. Please consider supporting OASPA's work even if you are not a
publishing organization - join our other supporters  - full information
<https://oaspa.org/support-oaspa/>.

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org
OASPA 2023 will be held online September 19-21 2023 - information at
https://oaspa.org/conference/

Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>
Become an OASPA Member <https://oaspa.org/membership/members/> or Supporter