[IRTalk] Fwd: INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN PIONEERING REGIONAL DIGITAL HUMANITIES EVENT

Heila Pienaar heila.pienaar at up.ac.za
Fri Jul 14 12:05:37 SAST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

Gauteng, Northern Cape, Free State, and North West Universities

*RE: INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN PIONEERING REGIONAL DIGITAL HUMANITIES
EVENT*

*We are excited to invite staff and students from your university to
participate in **DH-IGNITE* <https://dh-ignite.org/>* from 23-25 August
2023. The event will be hosted at the Premier Hotel OR TAMBO, Johannesburg*
*. *

DH-IGNITE <https://dh-ignite.org/> is a uniquely South African event
bringing together humanities, social sciences and computational
stakeholders to stimulate digital innovation. We invite students,
researchers, lecturers, libraries, related service departments, and
management to join the growing local digital humanities and computational
social sciences community.

You can read more about the experiences of past attendees on our website
<https://dh-ignite.org/post>.

DH-IGNITE is organised by SADiLaR <http://www.sadilar.org>, a national
research infrastructure (RI) established by the Department of Science and
Innovation as part of the South African Research Infrastructure Roadmap
programme. In 2020, SADiLaR launched ESCALATOR
<https://escalator.sadilar.org/> to help researchers in Humanities and
Social Sciences enhance their digital and computational skills. DH-IGNITE
forms part of the ESCALATOR programme.

The DH-IGNITE programme introduces concepts related to digital humanities
and computational social sciences, highlights possibilities and resources
and provides opportunities for participants to connect with peers. In
addition, participants can exhibit their work through lightning talks.

SADiLaR is sponsoring the full costs of the event (conference venue, day
fee including tea breaks and lunch, parking, wifi, etc.). Participants are
responsible for their own travel and accommodation.

Please circulate the attached promotional posters.

We’re excited to host you at DH-IGNITE, where we aim to connect
communities, learn from others, and grow the impact of digital humanities!

Kind regards,

*Anelda van der Walt*

Programme manager: ESCALATOR

Director: Talarify