[IRTalk] New Blog Post: The ‘OA market’ - what is healthy? Part 1

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Tue Jan 24 17:59:38 SAST 2023

OASPA has today published the first
<https://oaspa.org/the-oa-market-what-is-healthy-part-1/> in a two-part
blog post series considering the health of the 'OA market'. Look out for
Part 2 next week.

These posts are a follow up to the 2021 OASPA work with many stakeholders
which considered how best to enable a healthy landscape with greater
diversity in the economic system that supports open access publishing.
Today's post contains links to outcomes from this past work.

We felt that a greater diversity of views, and particularly more views from
outside of Europe, were needed to balance our thinking and guide next
steps. In this first post
<https://oaspa.org/the-oa-market-what-is-healthy-part-1/>, OASPA's Program
Manager *Malavika Legge* reports on her work gathering non-European
perspectives on the ‘OA market’ work done so far.

Please send any comments or questions to *malavika.legge at oaspa.org*
<malavika.legge at oaspa.org>

We hope you find it useful and interesting and invite you to share widely.

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>
OASPA Conference Information and past programs and recordings
<https://oaspa.org/conference> l  OASPA Webinars Webinars with links to
recordings <https://oaspa.org/information-resources/oaspa-webinars/>