[IRTalk] Fwd: New OA Switchboard blog post - Reporting Made Easy

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Fri May 7 16:16:59 SAST 2021

*** with apologies for cross-posting ***

OASPA is pleased to continue our involvement with the OA Switchboard which
we successfully launched as a separate organisation last year. We have
established an ongoing strategic partnership agreement and are enormously
proud of the great strides already made in the OA Switchboard's development
in 2021.

In this most recent blog post - Reporting Made Easy
<https://www.oaswitchboard.org/blog4may2021> - the OA Switchboard's
Executive Director, *Yvonne Campfens *discusses how the OA Switchboard
(which supports many use cases) is currently working with launch customers
and founding partners on the first one "Reporting Made Easy". This use case
is all about reporting from publishers to institutions/consortia and
funders.

Yvonne explains *"We took a step back to speak with some of our partners
about the rationale behind the need for a standardised, structured and
validated data format. We’re grateful they agreed to share their views and
experiences."*

These partners helpfully answered five key questions covering the
underlying need for reporting, the metadata required, sources to capture
and manage these (meta)data, and the benefits of standards. Their answers
provide great insights and we are grateful to *Stacey Burke *(American
Physiological Society), *Colleen Campbell *(Max Planck Digital Library,
ESAC, OA2020), *Todd Carpenter *(NISO), *Helen Dobson *(Jisc), *Matthew
Goddard *(Iowa State University), *Marten Stavenga *(John Benjamins
Publishing Company) and *Ivo Verbeek *(Elitex) for taking the time to
answer these key questions.

Please send any questions or related insights of your own to Yvonne Campfens
<yvonne.campfens at OASwitchboard.org>.

We hope you enjoy the post!

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org