[IRTalk] National ETD Portal unavailable

Hussein Suleman hussein at cs.uct.ac.za
Tue Aug 25 12:14:16 SAST 2020

Dear Colleagues

Thanks for the note. I just did a remote repair and restart.  Seems like
it worked *phew*

The service is still hanging in there, albeit on old NRF hardware.  If
there are any problems, do let me know. It was only down since Friday
(with the server stable for the previous 261 days) so, if you have had
difficult getting to the service, something else may be wrong.

I was scheduled to chat with Faranah on my next trip to Pretoria this
year about the next steps with this service, and we may need to do that
electronically sooner or later anyway.  I believe this has also been
raised within CHELSA, so we will hopefully have a continuation/migration
plan soon.

Regards,
    Hussein Suleman

--