[IRTalk] FW: LAMIPISA 2019 1ST CALL FOR PAPERS

Larry Jowah JowahL at cput.ac.za
Wed May 15 17:45:51 SAST 2019

Please tweet the LAMIPISA message to all your networks and get email addresses if you can. We want to participate in the development of the continent, help us find a solution.

Subject: FW: LAMIPISA 2019 1ST CALL FOR PAPERS

To the reader and colleague,
Have you ever thought of yourself as a solution provider and not a perennial complainant
Please kindly assist by circulating this information amongst the academics in your university, workplace or network.
Our opinion is that academics and practitioners across disciplines have a role to play in the development of your country and Africa by derivation Africa as a continent.
Consequently, we think that academics on the continent need a platform where brains can be put together, we honestly can't be that "stupid."
Please assist by simply circulating to academics who may be interested in helping their countries, the Regional Economic Blocks and the continent, Africa.
We cannot continue with this continent like this as if we cannot not think out a solution to this problem, endowed with two thirds of the world's natural resources and yet the poorest - why?

Anyone with an idea, a thought and is interested is welcome - including you the reader.
May we bring our minds together and change the economic crisis of Africa to economic success.
Looking forward to meeting you at the LAMIPISA 2019 CONFERENCE in Cape Town South Africa.
Sincerely yours

PLEASE PASS TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES;
Subject: LAMIPISA 2019 1ST CALL FOR PAPERS
PLEASE PASS ON

THE LAMIPISA SEASON IS UPON US
We are gearing for the 6th LAMIPISA 2019 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE and we are convinced that much is still to be discussed about this continent.
New tracks have been included as the world turns round, we are expected much more on the 4th Industrial Revolutions, the Meillenials and Poverty Eradication.
As academics and practitioners, we want to assemble again and discuss, formulate and strategise for the convenience of the generations to come.
No matter how much we reminisce on the past, that will never bring bread onto the table of our children yet to be born - we should look forward and not backwards.
We are looking for people who can "quantifiably" suggest steps, strategies and other factors that may help us to go forward and eradicate the scourge of poverty.

Colleague - you are challenged and invited to come and contribute to the future of this ailing continent.
Housing 67% of the world's natural resources yet has 230 million undernourished children - where do we go wrong.?
With 500 plus universities on the continent - most with engineering departments - yet our roads are constructed by the Chinese. RUN THROUGH THIS BELOW
Africa is the second largest continent covering 6% of the earth's surface and 20% of land on earth with 30.3 million km2 with 1.2 billion people.
Africa accounts for 16% of the earth's human population and has the earth's youngest population with a median age of 19.7 years compared to the global age at 30.4 years.
The name of Africa is actually Italian [Afri] which meant land south of the Meditarrenean - or afar  which is Phoenician meaning dust, ifri or ifran [plural Berber meaning cave [may be cave dwellers] meaning the Africans never have a name originally theirs.
Africa is surrounded by oceans right around, among them will be the Mediterranean in the north, Indian ocean, and Atlantic on the west - yet no single waters are named after the continent - second largest on earth.
At the Berlin Conference<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Conference> [884-85] Europeans distributed African amongst themselves without Africans or Absynians [old Bible name for Africa] and they divided the continent to the countries we have now. They set up the political divisions of the continent, by spheres of interest, that exist in Africa today.
60% of this continent is dryland and 40% is arable land with savannah and equatorial climates rich in fauna and flora yet Africa does not have enough food for the 1.2 billion people.
The world's widest range of wild animals [carnivores, herbivores, primates, aquatics] and the densest forests with the largest varieties of trees and plants are found in Africa, but Africa imports tooth picks, ear buds, medicinal herbs from China.
The 60% of dry land on the continent largely semi-desert and with so much of sunlight and wind yet ¾ of the African population has no electricity - instead they continue to cut down trees and cause desertification when there is inexhaustible electricity [energy] from the sun and the wind - Africa for you.
5 million people have died since 1998 in the Congo conflict where the African countries are bystanders whilst carnage goes on. They did the same in the Rwanda Hutu-Tutsi genocide, and one wanders what the African Union is for - this is Africa for you.
The African Union [AU]  has a parliament in Midrand in South Africa - but does anyone know any resolutions made to reduce the human carnage, chronic poverty on the continent and siphoning of the continent's raw materials by China - Africa for you.
Although it has abundant natural resources<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_resource>, Africa remains the world's poorest and most under-equipped<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index> continent, the result of ......corrupt governments<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index> that have often committed serious human rights violations<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_violations>, failed central planning<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_planning>, high levels of illiteracy<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illiteracy>, lack of access to foreign capital, and frequent tribal and military conflict (ranging from guerrilla warfare<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_warfare> to genocide<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide>).[ Sandbrook, Richard (1985) The Politics of Africa's Economic Stagnation, Cambridge University Press. Passim
According to the United Nations<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations>' Human Development Report in 2003, the bottom 24 ranked nations (151st to 175th) were all African. Sandbrook, Richard (1985) The Politics of Africa's Economic Stagnation, Cambridge University Press. Passim. [ Human Development Reports - United Nations Development Programme"<http://hdr.undp.org/>. hdr.undp.org.]
In August 2008, the World Bank<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Bank>[97]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa#cite_note-97> announced revised global poverty estimates based on a new international poverty line of $1.25 per day (versus the previous measure of $1.00). 81% of the Sub-Saharan Africa<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub-Saharan_Africa> population was living on less than $2.50 (PPP) per day in 2005, compared with 86% for India.Yet this continent has the youngest population, the least densely populated, 67% of the world's mineral resources]
The continent has 90% of the world's cobalt<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobalt>, 90% of its platinum<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum>, 50% of its gold<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold>, 98% of its chromium<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium>, 70% of its tantalite<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantalite>,[105]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa#cite_note-105> 64% of its manganese<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manganese> and 33% of the uranium, the DRC has 70% of the world's coltan<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coltan>, more than 30% of the world's diamond<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond> reserves.[107]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa#cite_note-107> Guinea<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea> is the world's largest exporter of bauxite<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauxite>. Yet only 15% of the African population is formally employed - all the mineral resources are exported raw and the continent has the poorest people on earth.

A Harvard University study led by professor Calestous Juma<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calestous_Juma> showed that Africa could feed itself by making the transition from importer to self-sufficiency. "African agriculture is at the crossroads; we have come to the end of a century of policies that favoured Africa's export of raw materials and importation of food. [Africa is importing chicken from China when there is more arable land in Africa per capita than anywhere else in the world. Americans are exporting to chicken intestines because they not eat that - why Africa - why???????
With all this - do you think [develop papers, present facts - we are looking for thinkers];

1.   Does the continent need foreign direct investors [FDI]

2.   Can't all the money sent out of the country simply be invested?

3.   Can we not take all corrupted money into business start-up loans and manufacture?

4.   Can we continue to import tooth peaks / ear pads / paper clips - when the material is from African
If we put our heads together and focus on these - this situation can't be too big for our brains put together.

.

  1.  Do you think we should continue with our life as if nothing is going on around?
  2.  Do you want us to make this the norm on the continent and pretend - all is well?
  3.  Can we honestly not manage / correct what we can and influence the future?
I am, one more time extending an invitation to those of you who think you can think out some solution - no matter how small.
That little bit will go for generations to come - the solution is generational and cannot be attended to as a once off event.
I am looking forward to meeting you at the coming LAMIPISA 2019 in Cape Town.
Regards,

Dr. Larry E. Jowah
Research Coordinator / LAMIPISA CONFERENCE CONVENOR / JOLMS Editor-in-chief
Department of Management and Project Management
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Cape Town
Phone number 0214604293
Email - jowahl at cput.ac.za<mailto:jowahl at cput.ac.za>;

PREVIOUS LAMIPISAS
Highlights
PLEASE PASS THIS TO AS MANY FRIENDS, FAMILY AND FOE
Google Prof Lumumba
Did you know that 14 former French colonies on the continent pay colonial tax?
The policy is simply; FEEDING FRANCE WHILST BLEEDING  AFRICA.
 Not even the much spoken of AU chairperson has said anything about this.                                                                                                                                                                                 Why not present a paper on this at the coming conference?
Benin,
Burkina Faso,
Guinea-Bissau,
Ivory Coast,
Mali,
Niger,
Senegal,
Togo,
Cameroon,
Central African Republic,
Chad,
Congo-Brazzaville,
Equatorial Guinea
Gabon.
GOOGLE THIS
France's Colonial Tax Still Enforced for Africa. "Bleeding Africa and Feeding France." When Guinea demanded independence from French colonial rule in 1958, the French unleashed their fury with more than 3,000 leaving the country taking their entire property. In addition, they destroyed anything that couldn't be taken - destroying schools, nurseries, public administration buildings, cars, books, medicine, research institute instruments, tractors were crushed and sabotaged, animals killed and food in warehouses were burned or poisoned. They were sending a message to all other colonies that the consequences for rejecting France would be high. France continues to thrive on the practice, which extracts approximately US$500 billion dollars from African countries each year. French colonial tax still enforce for Africa; As of January 2014, 14 African countries are obliged by France, through a colonial pact, to put 85% of their foreign reserve into France central bank under French minister of Finance control. They are effectively putting in US$500 billion dollars every year to the French treasury. African leaders who refuse are killed or victim of coup. Those who obey are supported and rewarded by France with lavish lifestyle while their people endure extreme poverty, and desperation.

"France is indebting and enslaving Africans by means of Africa's own wealth; for example: 12.0000 billion invested at three percent creates 360 billion in interests which France grants as credits to Africa at an interest rate of five to six percent or more. The allegory of 'Bleeding Africa and Feeding France' is no exaggeration, not alarmist, and not revolutionary."

You might know other things taking place somewhere - bring them to the open.
Let us Model Africa Out of Chronic Poverty

Dr. Larry E. Jowah
Research Coordinator / LAMIPISA CONFERENCE CONVENOR / JOLMS Editor-in-chief
Department of Management and Project Management
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Cape Town
Phone number 0214604293<tel:021%20460%204293>
Email - jowahl at cput.ac.za<mailto:jowahl at cput.ac.za>;

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and automatically archived by Mimecast SA (Pty) Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.  Mimecast Unified Email Management (UEM) offers email continuity, security, archiving and compliance with all current legislation.  To find out more, visit http://www.mimecast.co.za/uem.