[IRTalk] FW: African Open Science Platform Project January 2017 Communique 1

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Mon Jan 16 10:19:02 SAST 2017

From: Ina Smith
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 10:00 AM
To: 'african-open-science-platform at googlegroups.com' <african-open-science-platform at googlegroups.com>
Subject: African Open Science Platform Project January 2017 Communique 1

*Apologies for cross-postings

Dear Colleagues

Welcome back, and wishing you all the best in your research and other activities during the coming year! We ended last year on such a high note, and are looking forward to continue it throughout this coming year. In December 2016, the African Open Science Platform was launched during the SFSA<http://www.codata.org/uploads/parallel_session-program_8dec_version29nov2016.pdf>, we had a high-level key stakeholder meeting with participants from Africa<http://www.codata.org/uploads/side_event_workshop-program_7dec_version30nov2016%20(1).pdf>, and SA also hosted a workshop<http://www.codata.org/uploads/programme_12_13dec_version30nov2016.pdf> facilitated by Cameron Neylon on input to a possible Open Science position statement for South Africa<http://www.codata.org/uploads/programme_12_13dec_version30nov2016.pdf>. The report from the workshop is in progress, and will be shared once finalized.

This email a kind request to please continue to complete the African Open Science Platform survey: click here to access<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc7GXJ_F152v4BbVLneSCe-13ibZDkF_iLUU5MvqAAD0N9LMg/viewform>. We would like to learn what is happening on the continent in terms of everything related to Open Science (open repositories, open access, open data, open research, open policy, and more). If you don't feel like completing the survey but have information to share, please simply email us, and we will do the research. Kindly provide feedback by 31 January 2017, where after the survey will be closed.

Please also share widely with your networks, and individuals who might be able to contribute.

Also access the web page for the African Open Science Platform<http://154.114.26.175/>, hosted by DIRISA. The funding for this project has been approved by the SA Dept. of Science & Technology, funded through the NRF, and the project is directed by CODATA and managed by ASSAf.

Wishing you all the best, and looking forward to remain in touch!

Kind regards
Ina & Susan

Ina Smith
Planning Manager, Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf)
DOAJ Ambassador, Southern Africa Region
LIASA Librarian of the Year 2016

[cid:image001.gif at 01D26FDC.F3F69F00]<http://orcid.org/>  http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9710-3668

Switchboard: +27 12 349 6600
Tel: +27 12 349 6641
Fax: +27 (0) 86 576 9512
Email: ina at assaf.org.za<mailto:ina at assaf.org.za>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D26FDF.41006220]

1st Floor Block A, The Woods, 41 De Havilland Crescent, Persequor Park
Meiring Naudé Road, Lynnwood 0020, Pretoria, South Africa.

PO Box 72135, Lynnwood Ridge 0040, Pretoria, South Africa.

Website: www.assaf.org.za<http://www.assaf.org.za/>