[IRTalk] FW: Ethics / Publishing - Open Science, Open Data, Open Access - Scholarly Communication - Plagiarism Fight

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Wed Apr 26 13:06:09 SAST 2017

 Fyi

From: Kravjar Julius [mailto:julius.kravjar at cvtisr.sk]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:41 AM
Subject: Ethics / Publishing - Open Science, Open Data, Open Access - Scholarly Communication - Plagiarism Fight

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Are you informed about the 3rd International Conference Plagiarism across Europe and Beyond 2017, 24th-26th May 2017, Brno, Czech Republic? More info: https://plagiarism.pefka.mendelu.cz/.

The site of The European Network for Academic Integrity (ENAI) is open for you. The link: http://www.academicintegrity.eu/.

In case the areas below are subjects of your interest

-          Open Science, Open Data, Open Access

-          Ethics / Publishing

-          Scholarly Communication

-          Fight  against Plagiarism

-          Other
then maybe some of the papers/articles at the end of this mail could be interesting for you.

Would you be so kind to forward this mail to people who might be interested? Many thanks in advance.
I beg your pardon in case you are already familiar with this information.

With best regards,

Julius KRAVJAR
Centrum vedecko-technických informácií SR (CVTI SR)
Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (SCSTI)
Lamačská cesta 8/A,
811 04 Bratislava
SLOVAKIA
Phone: +421-269253206
http://www.cvtisr.sk/en.html?page_id=58
Articles / Papers: http://www.linkedin.com/today/author/julius-kravjar-103434<https://e.linkedin.com/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DYQpglLjHJlYQGjze786nrM5zdh28vlEoWqlsv15CrRzb1URzbm9YKtIiHrzehjzgw0b6HsVXtpKX%3DBCBRSY&_ei_=EolaGGF4SNMvxFF7KucKuWN6WdDXfscXNG_-hPhA5CUqRJrZLADOr8ji9Le0Vjjt4F9yG7ON-Z9HvufwR7WqtH9YBwjxqEoVjEsDv804ccAFeJBfW-4mhqyPvwtr7Fzg.>
Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/julius-kravjar-103434

>>> Open Science, Open Data, Open Access <<<
Openness: the Opportunity, not the Threat
"Comparative advantages among nations come less and less from abundant natural resources or cheap labor and increasingly from technical innovations and the competitive use of knowledge-or from a combination of the two."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/openness-opportunity-thread-julius-kravjar

Open Access - Two Quick Guides. 2016
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/open-access-two-quick-guides-julius-kravjar

Portal of Openly Accessible Research Infrastructures: MERIL. 2015
"... access to an inventory of openly accessible research infrastructures (RIs) of more-than-national relevance in Europe across all scientific domains, including the humanities and social sciences... "
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/portal-openly-accessible-research-infrastructures-meril-kravjar

>>> Ethics / Publishing <<<
Ethics in the Offside. 2016
"... it is getting harder to tell the difference between predatory publishers and traditional publishers... "
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/etics-offside-julius-kravjar

Publish at Any Cost or Return of Ethics. 2016
"Publish or perish" together with market demand and supply in the absence of morals and ethics have a "carcinogenic" impact and they infest and infect the scholarly community.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/publish-any-cost-return-ethics-julius-kravjar

The ethical hole at the centre of 'publish or perish'. 2016
"The need to survive, the need to achieve good performance indicators and the need to receive funding sometimes result in unacceptable publishing behaviour."
http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20160921112724448

Digital Ethics Defined. 2016
"A system of values and moral principles for the conduct of digital interactions among people, business and things."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/digital-ethics-defined-julius-kravjar

Unethical Approaches to Scientific Work as Parallels to Dante's Inferno. 2016
Scientific work, ethics in relation with Dante's Inferno
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/unethical-approaches-scientific-work-parallels-dantes-julius-kravjar

ACADEMIC PAPERS MARKET
"Do we use technology and processes originated in the 17th century to publish research results in the 21st century? Where is the academic publishing heading?"
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/black-market-academic-papers-julius-kravjar

New Ethical Approach to Combat Widespread Corruption in Education. 2015
"... we are taking action to tackle corruption in education and to develop a Pan-European culture based on ethical principles: our new Ethics in Education Platform (ETINED)..."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/new-ethical-approach-combat-widespread-corruption-julius-kravjar

ETICO: a resource platform on ethics and corruption in education. 2015
ETICO is the initiative of the UNESCO's International Institute for Educational Planning<http://www.iiep.unesco.org/> (IIEP).
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/etico-resource-platform-ethics-corruption-education-julius-kravjar

ETINED Launched. 2015
The Council of Europe has launched at the Charles University (Prague) a new "platform" to fight corruption in education
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/etined-launched-julius-kravjar

The Occurrence of the Terms "akademická etika and akademická integrita" (academic ethics and academic integrity) in Texts on the Internet and in the Media. 2013
Slovakia: "... the occurrence of texts about academic ethics and academic integrity and shows that these terms are infrequent in the society and it is likely that knowledge of these terms and their meaning in the society is low..."
http://ncpvat.cvtisr.sk/buxus/generate_page.php?page_id=938

>>> Scholarly Communication  <<<
A Vision for Scholarly Communication in the 21st century: The Vienna Principles. 2016
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/vision-scholarly-communication-21st-century-vienna-julius-kravjar

>>> Fight  against Plagiarism <<<
SK ANTIPLAG IS BEARING FRUIT. 2015
http://plagiarism.pefka.mendelu.cz/files/proceedings_15.pdf, pp. 147-163

NATIONWIDE PLAGIARISM DETECTION SYSTEM IN SLOVAKIA: IN OPERATION SINCE 2010. 2015
https://www.google.sk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=19&ved=0ahUKEwit1eOo54LSAhWMVhoKHcHtBQIQFgiDATAS&url=http%3A%2F%2Fojs.bfu.bg%2Findex.php%2Fknk%2Farticle%2Fdownload%2F159%2F192&usg=AFQjCNFCPVgHvsNmK44-Vy7pE0-nVjJEaw&sig2=WPKNZagEtMQgEHe3g_O2Hw

CASE STUDY: POLICIES, STRATEGIES AND RESPONSES TO PLAGIARISM IN SLOVAKIA. 2014
http://www.eriesjournal.com/_papers/article_232.pdf

The Path to an Award-Winning Antiplagiarism System for Higher Education Institutions. 2013
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/path-award-winning-antiplagiarism-system-higher-julius-kravjar

ANTIPLAG: plagiarism detection system. 2013
https://www.oecd.org/governance/observatory-public-sector-innovation/innovations/page/antiplagplagiarismdetectionsystem.htm

STRATEGIES AND RESPONSES TO PLAGIARISM IN SLOVAKIA. 2013
http://ippheae.pefka.mendelu.cz/files/proceedings.pdf, pp. 201-215

Slovak Response to Plagiarism and Related Matters. 2013
https://radovi2013.cuc.carnet.hr/modules/request.php?module=oc_proceedings&action=view.php&a=Accept&id=64&type=2
Impact of Policies for Plagiarism in Higher Education Across Europe (IPPHEAE). 2013
http://plagiarism.cz/ippheae/

A national system to prevent plagiarism is working. 2012
http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20120731160418676

Centralised National Corpus of Electronic Theses and Dissertations. 2012
http://www.greynet.org/images/GL14-S3P,_Kravjar_and_Du_kov_.pdf

BARRIER TO THRIVING PLAGIARISM. 2012
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.259.7921&rep=rep1&type=pdf

BARRIER TO THRIVING PLAGIARISM. 2012
http://slideplayer.com/slide/1477700/

>>> Education <<<
Education as Competitive Paradigm. 2015
"The main characteristics of Finland's economic development in the 20 years leading up to the worldwide economic crisis in 2008 were radical increases in intangible investments (education, RDI, and the organization of work) and comprehensive building of the national base of knowledge."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/education-competitive-paradigm-julius-kravjar

How to Touch the Future?
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-touch-future-julius-kravjar

>>> Other <<<
Thomas Jefferson's Warning Message. 2016
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thomas-jefferson-julius-kravjar

How Growth Became the Enemy of Prosperity. 2016
"... our never-ending appetite for economic 'growth' has become unsustainable'-and, a misguided end goal ..."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-growth-became-enemy-prosperity-julius-kravjar

The technologies that will change the world over the next 15 years. 2016
The technologies will transform the near future, for better and for worse.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/technologies-change-world-over-next-15-years-julius-kravjar

The Gap between Rich and Poor. 2016
"Inequality is bad and getting worse."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/gap-between-rich-poor-julius-kravjar

The Economics of Manipulation and Deception. 2015
"Just as we love our children, we should love free markets; but as with our children, it would be a mistake to think that they can do no wrong."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/economics-manipulation-deception-julius-kravjar

The 4th Industrial Revolution. 2016
"The interplay between fields like artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, brain research, 3D-printing, mobile networks and computing will create realities that were previously unthinkable."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/4th-industrial-revolution-julius-kravjar

Poverty, Inequality, Basic Income. 2016
"The idea of a basic income for every person has been popping up regularly in recent years."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/poverty-inequality-basic-income-julius-kravjar

Are you interested in innovations in public sector? 2015
"OECD is maintainig database of innovations in public sector: Observatory of Public Sector Innovations."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/you-interested-innovations-public-sector-julius-kravjar

Digital Mindset. 2015
"... we also need to develop a DQ, a digital quotient where strategy, culture, people and capabilities converge."
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/digital-mindset-julius-kravjar

Email secured by Check Point
Neville Arendse

Chief Director: Overseas Bilateral Cooperation
Department of Science and Technology
Cell: +2782 041 7039
Tel: +2712 843 6315
Fax: +2786 681 0005
Website: www.dst.gov.za<http://www.dst.gov.za>
E-mail: Neville.Arendse at dst.gov.za<mailto:Neville.Arendse at dst.gov.za>

[http://www.dst.gov.za/images/DST_LOGO.bmp]

"Unless expressly stated otherwise, the information contained in this email is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action or place any reliance upon it. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender. Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this email is strictly prohibited. The recipient further acknowledges that any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and are not given or endorsed by the Department of Science and Technology unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of the Department of Science and Technology."

Email secured by Check Point