[IRTalk] CODATA 2017 Now Accepting Now Accepting Submissions for Sessions and Papers: deadline 30 June
Ina at assaf.org.za
Tue Apr 25 14:38:29 SAST 2017
CODATA 2017 Conference, 'Global Challenges and Data-Driven Science’, 8-13 October 2017, Saint-Petersburg, Russia: http://codata2017.gcras.ru/
Now Accepting Submissions for Sessions and Papers: deadline 30 June http://conference.codata.org/2017/submit/
The purpose of the CODATA 2017 Conference is to explore the fundamental issues relating to the availability, (re-)use and scientific analysis of data that relate to the most significant contemporary global challenges. The priority themes of CODATA 2017 http://conference.codata.org/site/themes-scope/ are:
1. Achievements in Data Driven Science: covering concrete achievements in data-driven science across all research areas;
2. Earth Observations Data and the Earth’s System: including data collection, analysis and integration of Earth observations and the study of the Earth’s system;
3. Data and Disaster Risk Research: covering the collection, analysis and integration of data for disaster risk research;
4. Data Driven and Sustainable Cities: covering the use of data for Smart Cities, sustainable and resilient urban development;
5. Big Data in Scientific and Commercial Sectors: covering the shared data challenges of Big Data management and analysis in both the scientific and commercial sectors;
6. Data Analysis, Event Recognition and Applications: covering the fundamental and practical issues of relating data analysis, event recognition and application;
7. National and International Data Services: covering the coordination and development of national and international data services;
8. Research Data Services in Universities: covering the development of research data services in universities and other research organisations;
9. Coordination of Data Standards and Interoperability;
10. FAIR Data and the Limits of Open Data;
11. Metrology, Reference Data and Monitoring Data: covering fundamental physical constants, metrology, issues around the reliability and standardisation of reference data in all domains;
12. Sessions and abstracts concerning other themes relating to data policy, data science and data management for all areas of research will be considered.
To submit a proposal for a session or a paper at CODATA 2017, go to http://conference.codata.org/2017/submit/
CODATA 2017 is running simultaneous proposals for sessions and papers. The deadline for both types of proposal is 30 June 2017.
It is the responsibility of session organisers to ensure that the papers that comprise a proposed session are also submitted by the deadline of 30 June.
Papers may be proposed either 1) in relation to simultaneous proposal for a session; or, 2) independently of a session proposal in order to be assigned to an appropriate thematic session by the organisers.
To register to attend the conference and for information about travel, logistics and accommodation go to http://codata2017.gcras.ru/
The conference will take place in the wonderful setting of the St. Petersburg Museum of Art. See http://codata2017.gcras.ru/ for further information about the venue, location, accommodation and registration.
CODATA 2017 International Conference, ‘Global Challenges and Data-Driven Research’, Saint-Petersburg, 8-13 October, Registration and Information: http://codata2017.gcras.ru/
CODATA 2017 International Conference, ‘Global Challenges and Data-Driven Research’, Now Accepting Proposals for Sessions and Papers: http://conference.codata.org/2017/
Dr Simon Hodson | Executive Director CODATA | http://www.codata.org
E-Mail: simon at codata.org<mailto:simon at codata.org> | Twitter: @simonhodson99 | Skype: simonhodson99
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96 | Tel (Cell): +33 6 86 30 42 59
CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 232285 bytes
More information about the IRTalk