[IRTalk] Theses and Institutional Repository

Tlou Mathiba Tlou.Mathiba at up.ac.za
Fri Apr 21 14:18:28 SAST 2017

Dear Tyson,

As far as I know, it is the intellectual property of TUT; you can only
link from their repository. You cannot have full-text uploaded in your
repository.

Regards
Tlou

Tlou Mathiba
Open Scholarship & Digitisation Programme
Department of Library Services
Merensky Library, University of Pretoria
Email: tlou.mathiba at up.ac.za
( mailto:tlou.mathiba at up.ac.za)
012 420 3690
"I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make
you see problems from different angles"

>>> "Mabunda, Tyson" <ttmabunda at uj.ac.za> 2017/04/21 02:07 PM >>>
Dear Colleagues

UJ staff member completed her Thesis (year:2010) at TUT as TUT student,
and now she want her Thesis available on the UJ repository.

How do you handle such request?

NB: the copyright owner of the Thesis is TUT

Univ of Namibia –example: http://41.205.129.132/handle/11070/1910
( http://41.205.129.132/handle/11070/1910)

Let’s talk

Kind regards,