[IRTalk] How bad science misled chronic fatigue syndrome patients

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:21:56 SAST 2016

But we shouldn’t take solace in the comforting notion that science is
self-correcting. Many people, including many very sick people, had to
invest immense effort and withstand vitriol to use science to correct these
mistakes. And even that might not have been enough without Tuller’s rather
heroic investigation.
*We do not currently have a sustainable, reliable method of overturning
flawed research.​ (Yes, we do, it's called open access!)​*

https://www.statnews.com/2016/09/21/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-pace-trial/