[IRTalk] Position-statement-on-Open-Access-by-the-Young-Academies-of-Europe-and-the-Global-Young-Academy

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 14:06:10 SAST 2016

​We welcome the European Commission’s commitment to making OA models of
scholarly publishing a cornerstone of its Open Science policy. We consider
the transition to OA one of the key policies the European Commission and
national governments should pursue in order to foster progress across
academic disciplines and enable European citizens and those of other
countries to benefit from publicly funded research. *However, we also urge
European policy makers to ensure the viability and sustainability of OA
scholarly publishing. *We do so speaking on behalf of the next
generation(s) of researchers across Europe, who will be asked to comply
with mandatory OA policies.

https://globalyoungacademy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Position-statement-on-Open-Access-by-the-Young-Academies-of-Europe-and-the-Global-Young-Academy.pdf