[IRTalk] Open Access, Innovation, and Research Infrastructure

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 10:20:34 SAST 2016

In this article we argue that the current endeavors to achieve open access
in scientific literature require a discussion about innovation in scholarly
publishing and research infrastructure. Drawing on path dependence theory
and addressing different open access (OA) models and recent political
endeavors, *we argue that academia is once again running the risk of
outsourcing the organization of its content.*

http://www.mdpi.com/2304-6775/4/2/17/htm