[IRTalk] 7 key findings on article processing charges

Leti Kleyn Leti.Kleyn at up.ac.za
Wed Jul 6 13:07:03 SAST 2016

As more researchers adopt gold open access, article processing charges
(APCs) are becoming an increasingly important part of the cost of
research. But what do we know about these charges, and how have they
changed in the past years?
A new report, ‘Article processing charges and subscriptions: monitoring
open access costs’uses open data collected by Jisc, RCUK, and COAF to
show the state of the APC market in the UK. We have also released a blog
post on the main Jisc blog summarizing the report. Here are 7 of the key
takeaways:

https://scholarlycommunications.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2016/06/28/7-key-findings-on-article-processing-charges/

Dr Leti Kleyn
Manager: Open Scholarship & Digitisation Programmes
Department of Library Services
Merensky Library Room 2.24.2
University of Pretoria
8 leti.kleyn at up.ac.za ) 012 420 3876