[IRTalk] What is a repository? By Neil Jacobs May 31, 2016

Nason Bimbe nasonbimbe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 16:02:37 SAST 2016

“What is a repository” was one of the first questions I faced on joining
Jisc back in 2005 and, of course, it was not the first time it had been
asked even then, and it has come up periodically since then. With many OA
(and some open data) policies explicitly mentioning “repositories”, it
might be timely to revisit this question to see whether we have a consensus
on an answer or, if not, then where the major points of discussion are. To
help explore this question, I have drafted a short (three page) document
that I hope will lay out some of the things that might be considered in
answering the question. I’d be very interested in your reactions to this
thought piece.

https://scholarlycommunications.jiscinvolve.org/wp/2016/05/31/what-is-a-repository/

Cheers
Nason