[IRTalk] The case for Open Research: solutions? | Unlocking Research

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:52:58 SAST 2016

However, all of this effort will only succeed if those doing the assessing
change the rules of the game. This is tricky. *Often the people who have
succeeded have some investment in the status quo remaining.* We need strong
and bold leadership to move us out of this mess and towards a more robust
and fairer future. I will finish with a quote that has been attributed to
Mark Twain, Einstein and Henry Ford. “If you always do what you’ve always
done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”. It really is up to us.

https://unlockingresearch.blog.lib.cam.ac.uk/?p=730