[Irtalk] Paul Walk's Web: The Active Repository Pattern

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:48:04 SAST 2015

I believe we need to do more to exploit the latent value in our
institutional repositories. From the point of view of the network, they can
and need to be much more than passive databases, and with a very modest
technical investment they can start to be active components in the global
infrastructure.

*I call this the Active Repository Pattern.* In my next post, Cooperative
Open Access eXchange (COAX) I offer a proposal setting out an approach to
this in more concrete terms.

http://www.paulwalk.net/2015/10/19/the-active-repository-pattern/