[Irtalk] Fwd: [WEB4LIB] Recruiting and Retaining Library IT Staff

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 07:52:09 SAST 2015

FYI.

*Hilton Gibson*
Stellenbosch University Library
*http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2992-208X
<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2992-208X>*

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janet Crum <Janet.Crum at nau.edu>
Date: 20 October 2015 at 02:27
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Recruiting and Retaining Library IT Staff
To: WEB4LIB at listserv.nd.edu

Please see below for an invitation to participate in a study related to
recruiting and retaining library IT staff.  Please feel free to forward to
any library IT staff member who might be interested in participating.

Thanks.

Janet

Dear Library Technology Professional,
Would you like to participate in research that may help make library
workplaces more pleasant and rewarding?  We are writing to invite you to
participate in a research study that aims to identify factors associated
with recruiting and retaining IT staff in libraries in the United States
and Canada.  We want to know which factors-and types of factors-are most
likely to attract you to a library IT job and encourage you to stay at a
library IT job.  There are no direct benefits to you, but we hope this
information will help library and other leaders to create workplaces that
are more attractive to library IT personnel.

You must be over age 18 and currently employed in a library IT-related
position in the United States or Canada in order to participate in this
study.   If you consent to participate, you will be asked to complete an
online survey, which should take about 15-20 minutes to complete.

This research is being conducted under the direction of Janet Crum,
Northern Arizona University, Cline Library.

To provide consent and participate in the survey, please visit
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B2RVW77.   To thank you for your time, you
will be given the opportunity to enter a drawing for a $50 gift card:

1.      Participation in the research study is not required to enter the
drawing;
2.      Entries are limited to one entry per person -subjects under age 18
must have written consent from a parent or lawful guardian; and
3.      Participation is void where prohibited by law

Janet Crum
Head, Library Technology Services
Northern Arizona University
928-523-4956