[Irtalk] SUNScholar/Optimisations/Database - Libopedia

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:55:59 SAST 2015

​Hi All,

Our repository has been receiving a lot of visits lately.​ *This impacted
badly on the ability of the underlying database to manage the number of
connections required for all the visitors*. After some testing and tweaking
we seem to have the situation under control.

The increase in the number visits may be due to the exposure SUNscholar now
enjoys, whatever the reason I have updated the following wiki page to
reflect the technical steps we took to deal with the new number of regular
visitors.

http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Optimisations/Database

​Cheers

hg​