[Irtalk] Negotiate! | LITA Blog

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 18:49:14 SAST 2015

Libraries pay providers over a billion dollars a year for digital services
and resources, only to get overpriced subscriptions and comparatively
shoddy products. When did you last meet a librarian who loved their
ILS? *Meanwhile,
we lose whatever dignity remains to us when our national associations curry
favor with “Library Champions” like Elsevier, soliciting these profiteers
to give back a minuscule fraction of their profits squeezed from libraries.
We forget that vendors exist because of us.*

http://litablog.org/2015/06/negotiate/