[Irtalk] FW: Citing the original publication

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Mon Jun 30 16:18:26 SAST 2014

Dear Colleagues

Feedback from Stevan Harnad on whether to cite the original article in the publishers' journal, or the second copy in the IR.
We recommend researchers to use the IR copy, but to cite the original publication. According to Stevan Harnad this is the standard way to deal with citations.

Maybe you find this helpful.

Kind regards
Ina

Ina Smith
Open Scholarship Manager | Stellenbosch University | Private Bag X5036, 7599 | South Africa
Open Access | SUNScholar<http://scholar.sun.ac.za/> | SUNJournals<http://library.sun.ac.za/English/services/az/oa/Pages/sunjournals.aspx> | SUNConferences<http://library.sun.ac.za/Afrikaans/services/az/oa/Pages/sunconferences.aspx> | E-mail: ismith at sun.ac.za<mailto:ismith at sun.ac.za> | Tel:  +27 21 808 9139 | Skype: smith.ina | Office hours: Mo-Fr: 08h00-16h30
Ooptoegang Wetenskaplike Kommunikasie Bestuurder | Universiteit Stellenbosch | Privaatsak X5036, 7599 | Suid-Afrika
Oop Toegang | SUNScholar<http://scholar.sun.ac.za/>  | SUNJournals<http://library.sun.ac.za/English/services/az/oa/Pages/sunjournals.aspx> | SUNConferences<http://library.sun.ac.za/Afrikaans/services/az/oa/Pages/sunconferences.aspx> | E-pos: ismith at sun.ac.za<mailto:ismith at sun.ac.za> | Tel:  +27 21 808 9139 | Skype: smith.ina | Kantoorure: Ma-Vr: 08h00-16h30