[Irtalk] Enriching scholarly content with article-level discussion and metrics

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 12:34:08 SAST 2014

Scholarly content is increasingly being discussed, shared, and bookmarked
online by researchers. Altmetric is a start-up that focuses on tracking,
collecting, and measuring this activity on behalf of publishers; here we
describe our approach and general philosophy. Over the past year we have
seen sharing and discussion activity around approximately 750,000
articles. *The
average number of articles shared each day grows by 5-10% a month.*
​​
​​
​
​
​​
ttp://
figshare.com/articles/Enriching_scholarly_content_with_article_level_discussion_and_metrics/105851