[Irtalk] 15 technologies changing how developers work | Application Development - InfoWorld

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 19:43:57 SAST 2014

​T​
he work involved in telling computers what to do is markedly different than
it was even five years ago, and it's quite possible that any Rip Van
Winkle-like developer who slept through the past 10 years would be unable
to function in the today's computing world. *Everything seems to be
changing faster than ever.*

Here are 15 technologies transforming the very nature of programming.
They're changing how we work with fellow developers, how we interact with
our customers, and how we code. Don't get caught asleep at the console.

http://www.infoworld.com/d/application-development/15-technologies-changing-how-developers-work-247917

*​This is why the general IT person is woefully unequipped to be a
professional programmer.​*
*Programming requires you to be constantly adapting to new technologies!*
*Programming is a FULL TIME professional assignment!*