[Irtalk] EDUCAUSE LIVE! - The Unified Organization | EDUCAUSE.edu

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 15:58:06 SAST 2013

Abraham Lincoln said it well: "A house divided against itself cannot
stand." We all know that there is strength in unity, and yet all too often,
*IT and library staff operate in silos within silos*. Concentric walls seem
to form around our functional areas, our organization, and our campus,
making it hard to develop the kind of cross-functional relationships we
need to build responsive organizations in an age of change. This lively
presentation, revised and updated from a popular session at the NERCOMP
2013 conference, will discuss both *theoretical and practical approaches to
moving toward a more collaborative culture*. Learn how three different
institutions are addressing this shared problem
http://www.educause.edu/events/educause-live-unified-organization