[Irtalk] FW: Enabling academic excellence in African universities

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Mon May 28 14:44:02 SAST 2012

From: pburnett at inasp.info [mailto:pburnett at inasp.info]
Sent: 24 May 2012 16:09
Subject: Enabling academic excellence in African universities

Dear Colleagues,

The Association of Commonwealth Universities and INASP are planning to publish a joint publication for African Vice Chancellors, the purpose of which will be to demonstrate the value and impact of academic libraries to university leadership. Please find attached our Call for Abstracts. I hope you will consider the possibility of writing a brief article for this publication and also circulate this Call to others who you may feel appropriate.

INASP and the ACU both believe it is important at this time to be able to demonstrate to institutional managers and administrators the value of the work libraries are doing, and we feel that this publication will contribute to provide evidence of a real and practical nature.

The deadline for receipt of abstracts is Friday 15 June. We will inform successful applicants very shortly afterwards, and the full and final articles will need to be produced by 31 August.

I apologise for any cross-postings you may receive.

Sincerely,

Peter

Peter Burnett
Head of Library Development
INASP (International Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications)
60 St. Aldates
Oxford OX1 1ST

Tel:  +44 (0)1865 253711
Fax: +44 (0)1865 251060
Mobile: +44 (0)782 4504236
email: pburnett at inasp.info<mailto:pburnett at inasp.info>
Web:  www.inasp.info<http://www.inasp.info>

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/inasp.info
Twitter: http://twitter.com/INASPinfo
INASP is a registered UK charity: number 1106349
If you would like to receive INASP publication alerts, join our mailing list at <http://eepurl.com/cBoao>

E-pos vrywaringsklousule

Hierdie e-pos mag vertroulike inligting bevat en mag regtens geprivilegeerd wees en is slegs bedoel vir die persoon aan wie dit geadresseer is. Indien u nie die bedoelde ontvanger is nie, word u hiermee in kennis gestel dat u hierdie dokument geensins mag gebruik, versprei of kopieer nie. Stel ook asseblief die sender onmiddellik per telefoon in kennis en vee die e-pos uit. Die Universiteit aanvaar nie aanspreeklikheid vir enige skade, verlies of uitgawe wat voortspruit uit hierdie e-pos en/of die oopmaak van enige l?ers aangeheg by hierdie e-pos nie.

E-mail disclaimer

This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use, distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. The University does not accept liability for any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or accessing any files attached to this e-mail.