[Irtalk] [Fwd: 1st CFP: Fourth International Conference on Metadata and Semantic Research (MTSR'10)]
hussein at cs.uct.ac.za
Fri Mar 19 14:15:06 SAST 2010
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [DIGLIB] 1st CFP: Fourth International Conference on Metadata
and Semantic Research (MTSR'10)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:28:25 +0100
From: Miguel-Angel Sicilia <msicilia at uah.es>
We apologize if you receive this message more than once!
- - - -
Fourth International Conference on Metadata and Semantic Research (MTSR'10)
Alcala de Henares, October 20-October 22, 2010
- - - - - - - - - - -
Call for Papers
Following the success of the first three editions (MTSR'05, MTSR'07 and
MTSR' 09), the fourth International Conference on Metadata and Semantics
Research (MTSR'10) aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners
that share a common interest in metadata, its representation, its semantics
and its diverse applications to Information Systems.
Contributions are welcome on every topic related to Metadata and their
relationships with Ontologies, Semantic Web, Knowledge Management and
Software Engineering, such as:
* Typology of metadata and metadata uses.
* The value and cost of metadata.
* Quality evaluation in the use of Metadata.
* Metadata reusability.
* New or revised metadata schemas or application profiles.
* Metadata standardization
* Empirical studies on metadata and/or ontologies usage.
II. Languages and Frameworks for the Management of Metadata
* SGML, XML, UML in theory and practice.
* Languages and Frameworks for Ontology Management.
* Metadata and the Semantic Web.
* Metadata and Knowledge Management.
* Metadata and Software Engineering.
* Metadata application of Semantic Web technologies.
* Ontologies and Ontology-based Knowledge Management Systems.
III. Case Studies
* Metadata and ontologies for librarianship, management of historical
archives and archeological research.
* Metadata and ontologies for the design of innovative products and
* Metadata and ontologies for health, biological and clinical information
* Metadata and ontologies in finance, tourism and public administrations.
* Metadata and ontologies in industry.
* Metadata and ontologies in education.
IV. Technological Issues
* Technologies for Metadata and ontology storage.
* Technologies for Metadata and ontology integration.
* Technologies for Metadata extraction and navigation, querying and editing
* Technologies for Learning Objects management.
Interested authors can submit either full papers (12 pages) or short papers
(6 pages) about complete or ongoing researches respectively. Papers should
be original and not previously submitted to other Conference or Journals.
The main Conference will be preceded by a Workshop Day, which aims at
presenting new frontiers and ongoing researches in the Metadata, Ontology
and Semantic Research fields.
Proceedings will be published by Springer in the CCIS book series
(http://www.springer.com/series/7899). In addition, best papers will be
selected for publishing revised versions at several International Journals
covering the diversity of topics.
Authors should manifest their intention to submit a paper by means of a
short abstract no later than April 15th. Papers no longer than 12 pages in
the Springer LNCS style should be submitted in the PDF format.
Submission of abstracts and papers will be available soon through Easychair
Conference Management System. Authors of accepted papers will be asked to
register to the Conference and present their work in the form of either oral
presentation or poster presentation.
2010, April 15th: title and abstract (500 words) submission (not mandatory)
2010, June 15th: paper submission
2010, July 15th: acceptance/rejection notification
2010, July 31st: camera-ready papers due
2010, October 20th-22nd: MTSR'10 in Alcala de Henares
For any information, you can send an email to the organizing committee at
the following address: mtsr09 at easychair.org.
Looking forward to see you in Alcala, a UNESCO's World Heritage Site
Miguel-Angel Sicilia (University of Alcala)
Fabio Sartori (University of Milan-Bicocca)
Nikos Manouselis (University of Athens)
hussein suleman ~ hussein at cs.uct.ac.za ~ http://www.husseinsspace.com
More information about the Irtalk