[Irtalk] FW: Digital signatures on IRs

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Mon Feb 22 16:10:36 SAST 2010

E-mail on behalf of Kusturie:
I would appreciate your input on the follow issue:
We have received various emails with regard to digital signatures appearing on the first pages of theses on the IR. Many have expressed concern that serious ramifications may result from identity theft/internet fraud using the digital signatures appearing on the IR.
I'd be interested to know how other universities are dealing with this issue.
Many thanks
Kusturie
Kusturie Moodley
Electronic Acquisitions
Durban University of Technology
DUT Library Central Services
P.O. Box 1334
Durban
4001
South Africa
Tel +27313735527
Fax +27313735531
kmoodley at dut.ac.za<mailto:kmoodley at dut.ac.za>
http://library.dut.ac.za/index
Library vision: "To be a leading university of technology library in Africa that provides equitable access to the global knowledge environment"