[Duraspace] cannot install Maven - mvn package - for dspace setup

Sean Carte sean.carte at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:30:02 SAST 2009

2009/9/15 Reid, Lindsay <LReid at ufh.ac.za>

> Hi Sean & Craig
>

> I am still playing around with this issue... at the present moment the internet traffic is standing still which makes it practically impossible to update or install anything from the internet...

That's the problem then ... as Craig said, you've got a corrupted
download, but at least your configurations are all good.

> I am trying to pull of the file Craig’s got on their ftp site... if the university internet cuts out I will try Vodacom G3.

What you really need, though, is a copy of the ~/.m2/repository/
directory? As Craig says, you can reuse this, just make sure the file
permissions are correct. My repository directory is almost 500MB.

Maybe you could try scheduling the maven build (with the -U switch)
for after hours?

> Sean please see my /etc/environment file below

That looks fine.

> I have tried the mvn –e package install from /home/dspace/dspace-1.5.2=release/

That command should have given you a more detailed error message.

Sean
--
Sean Carte
esAL Library Systems Manager