[Duraspace] File:Ubuntu-server-20.png - BIB ITD

Hilton Gibson hgibson at sun.ac.za
Mon Oct 12 09:47:01 SAST 2009

Hi All

One of the things you are going to need is the mail server functionality.
Run the following command to setup your Dspace as a mail server:
 sudo tasksel

Select the "Mail server" and press the buttons or tabs to do the installation.

http://services.lib.sun.ac.za/wiki/index.php/File:Ubuntu-server-20.png

I did not do this during the workshop because we have a rule on campus not to create open mail relays.
So it skipped my mind. Sorry. I will add an addendum to the server setup wiki page.

Another way to setup the mail server is to type the following:
 sudo aptitude install postfix

After installing postfix you need to ask the DNS admin to add an "MX" record to your Dspace name record on your
campus DNS server.

--
Hilton Gibson
Systems Administrator

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758