[Wcm] Thank you!!

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Wed Oct 19 09:49:55 SAST 2011

Dear Colleagues

To all the content editors - you did it!!! THANK YOU so much for your hard work during the past few weeks, and for managing to transfer the content to the new website on time! What I am personally most proud of is the fact that we all have learned a few things in the process, not necessarily new, but still - how to work under pressure, how to stick to deadlines, how to work as a team, how to solve differences, how to negotiate, how to use Sharepoint to create a new website in a record time, and many more! I am truly impressed, and so should you be about the work you have done ... you are now even more empowered, and know more than what you knew a couple of months ago.

This website will remain work in progress forever and ever - content changes on a daily basis (although no dramatic changes can be made re the design and architecture for now, following the recommendations made by Nimbleminds and work done by bSOLVe, unless we plan for it), and this is what the rest of the world will see when they want to learn more about our Library. Thanks to the content editors (Natasja, Lucia, Naomi and Ingrid) who now have a huge responsibility to review the content and pages. They will make sure that all adhere to the required standards, that all displays consistently throughout the web, and that there are no errors.

Marc and team are working hard at getting the mobile site up and alive. We are almost there. There still remains some work to be done, but it can be accessed from on campus and your desktop already: http://m.library.sun.ac.za

Thanks once again!

Kind regards
Ina

Ina Smith
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC8E40.1BEF9900]<http://twitter.com/#!/usscholar>  [cid:image002.jpg at 01CC8E40.1BEF9900] <http://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Stellenbosch-Scholar/181640938009>   [cid:image003.jpg at 01CC8E40.1BEF9900] <http://blogs.sun.ac.za/sunscholar/>
E-Research Repository Manager (SUNScholar) | Library and Information Service | University of Stellenbosch | Private Bag X5036, 7599 | South Africa
http://scholar.sun.ac.za | http://oa.sun.ac.za | E-mail: ismith at sun.ac.za<mailto:ismith at sun.ac.za> | Tel:  +27 21 808 9139 | Skype: smith.ina | Office hours: Mo-Fr: 08h00-16h30

E-Navorsingsbewaarplekbestuurder (SUNScholar) | Biblioteek- en Inligtingsdiens | Universiteit van Stellenbosch | Privaatsak X5036, 7599 | Suid-Afrika
http://scholar.sun.ac.za  | http://oa.sun.ac.za | E-pos: ismith at sun.ac.za<mailto:ismith at sun.ac.za> | Tel:  +27 21 808 9139 | Skype: smith.ina | Kantoorure: Mo-Fr: 08h00-16h30

[cid:image005.jpg at 01CC8E44.74C1CCC0]
Confidentiality Notice: This message (including attachments) is intended for the person/entity to whom it is addressed and contains privileged and confidential information. Should the reader hereof not be the intended recipient, kindly notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete the original message and do not use, disclose, distribute or copy it.