[Wcm] Page names vs URL names in SharePoint web

Malherbe, N, Mev <nmalherbe@sun.ac.za> nmalherbe at sun.ac.za
Tue Oct 4 09:54:08 SAST 2011

Goeiemôre almal,
Na aanleiding van die volgende inskrywings in die webkomitee notules http://wiki.bib.sun.ac.za/index.php/WCM_Meetings van 22 & 29 September,
URL naming conventions

 *   All file names, even on the AFR side, to be in English.
 *   Do not use capital letters for URL names.
 *   Wouter/Natasja to send guidelines through on the naming convention of file names - they should be short, generic and descriptive within the context of the site structure.
EN

New page name differs from URL name: URL name of page should be lower case; use hyphens and not underscores and keep name short for compact URLs. Natasja to edit training wiki to include Edit Properties instructions.

het ek die opleidingsinskrywings http://wiki.bib.sun.ac.za/index.php/How_do_I_create_a_new_page%3F en http://wiki.bib.sun.ac.za/index.php/How_do_I_amend_a_page%27s_page_or_URL_name%3F aangepas om bostaande inligting in te sluit.

Laat gerus weet indien daar enige onsekerhede na dese is.

Groete,
Natasja
Natasja Malherbe
Informasietegnologie /  Information Technology
US Biblioteek- & Inligtingsdiens   /  SU Library & Information Service
Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X5036, 7599, South Africa
Tel:  +27 21 808 2845                                Fax: +27 21 808 3723
www.sun.ac.za/library<http://www.sun.ac.za/library>