[Wcm] Central Authentication Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Fri Aug 5 08:54:47 SAST 2011

Thanks Hilton for this. Just to give some background to those of you who don’t know what CAS is about. My understanding is that the current LDAP campus authentication system will be replaced with CAS. According to Julian (IT): Although CAS is not part of this phase of our web project the Dev setup will be in place by 8 August (this coming Monday) for development. Production CAS server is planned for end September. Once CAS is in place our users will be required to login once only, when accessing My Library/conducting a Primo Search/search via the portal, etc., and they will remain logged in. As part of the deliveries for the 1st of November, users will still have to login to My Library and SUNSearch (Primo) separately, using the current LDAP campus authentication details.

If any of the IT people wants to add to the above explanation, please do so …

Kind regards
Ina