[SUNScholar] SUNScholar International Ranking/SUNScholar Internasionale Meting

Smith, Ina <ismith@sun.ac.za> ismith at sun.ac.za
Mon Jul 21 11:38:14 SAST 2014

Dear Colleagues

SUNScholar International Ranking
SUNScholar was ranked as 2nd in Africa, and 146 globally (out of a total of 1 983) during the bi-annual July ranking of open access institutional repositories. This is an improvement from our 3nd place at the beginning of this year. We use this ranking as a benchmarking tool, and as one of many pointers to guide us in our effort to apply best practice.
Visibility of research output is one of the most important variables measured. Approximately 13 000 items on SUNScholar have full text attached, while the rest are bibliographic records imported from the SU Research Reports from previous years. Hopefully - with time - we will be able to retrospectively attach the full text to these articles. SUNScholar was officially implemented at the beginning of 2010, and we would not have done this well if it wasn't for your cooperation and support. Thank you so much. More info at http://repositories.webometrics.info/en/Ranking_africa

Management of SUNScholar
This just a note to let you know that I've accepted an offer for the position of Planning Manager at the Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf) from 1 October 2014. I will be available until the end of September for last matters that needs my attention.

>From 1 October, Mrs Elna Randall will be handling managerial, strategic and official matters related to all Open Scholarship Services (SUNScholar, SUNJournals, SUNConferences). She can be contacted at:

E-mail: elnar at sun.ac.za<mailto:elnar at sun.ac.za>
Tel: 021 808 4641

For all operational issues, you can still contact Paulette Talliard:

E-mail: plt at sun.ac.za<mailto:plt at sun.ac.za>
Tel: 021 808 9046

All the best, and I am looking forward to work with you in future, although in a different capacity.

With kind regards
Ina
Beste Kollegas

SUNScholar Internasionale Meting
SUNScholar is tydens die tweejaarlikse Julie-uitgawe van die Webometrics Ranking in die 2de plek in Afrika geplaas, en in die 146ste plek internasionaal (uit 'n totaal van 1 983). Dit is 'n verbetering op die 3de plek aan die begin van die jaar. Hierdie meting word gebruik as 'n hulpmiddel om die standaard van SUNScholar te bepaal, tesame met baie ander hulpmiddels.
Sigbaarheid van ons navorsingsuitsette is een van die mees belangrike veranderlikes wat gemeet word. Tans is daar sowat 13 000 items op SUNScholar wat die volteks bevat, terwyl die res bestaan uit bibliografiese rekords wat vanaf navorsingsverslae vanaf vorige jare ingetrek is.
Hopelik sal die volteks ook met verloop van tyd aan hierdie rekords gekoppel word. SUNScholar is aan die begin van 2010 amptelik in werking gestel, en ons sou dit nie kon doen sonder u samewerking en ondersteuning nie. Baie dankie daarvoor. Meer inligting is beskikbaar by http://repositories.webometrics.info/en/Ranking_africa

Bestuur van SUNScholar
Hierdie net 'n nota dat ek 'n pos aanvaar het as Beplanningsbestuurder by die Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf), en wel vanaf 1 Oktober 2014. Ek sal tot einde September beskikbaar wees vir laaste sake wat my aandag geniet.

Mev Elna Randall sal vanaf 1 Oktober strategiese en amptelike sake hanteer soos van toepassing op ooptoegang navorsingsdienste (SUNScholar, SUNJournals, SUNConferences). Sy kan gekontak word by:

E-pos: elnar at sun.ac.za<mailto:elnar at sun.ac.za>
Tel: 021 808 4641

Vir alle oeprasionele sake kan u Paulette Talliard kontak:

E-pos: plt at sun.ac.za<mailto:plt at sun.ac.za>
Tel: 021 808 9046

Alles van die beste, en ek sien daarna uit om steeds in die toekoms saam met u te werk, al is dit in 'n ander kapasiteit.

Met vriendelike groete
Ina

Ina Smith
New position from 1 October 2014: Planning Manager, Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf)<http://www.assaf.co.za/>
Open Scholarship Manager | Stellenbosch University | Private Bag X5036, 7599 | South Africa
Open Access | SUNScholar<http://scholar.sun.ac.za/> | SUNJournals<http://library.sun.ac.za/English/services/az/oa/Pages/sunjournals.aspx> | SUNConferences<http://library.sun.ac.za/Afrikaans/services/az/oa/Pages/sunconferences.aspx> | E-mail: ismith at sun.ac.za<mailto:ismith at sun.ac.za> | Tel:  +27 21 808 9139 | Skype: smith.ina | Office hours: Mo-Fr: 08h00-16h30
Ooptoegang Wetenskaplike Kommunikasie Bestuurder | Universiteit Stellenbosch | Privaatsak X5036, 7599 | Suid-Afrika
Oop Toegang | SUNScholar<http://scholar.sun.ac.za/>  | SUNJournals<http://library.sun.ac.za/English/services/az/oa/Pages/sunjournals.aspx> | SUNConferences<http://library.sun.ac.za/Afrikaans/services/az/oa/Pages/sunconferences.aspx> | E-pos: ismith at sun.ac.za<mailto:ismith at sun.ac.za> | Tel:  +27 21 808 9139 | Skype: smith.ina | Kantoorure: Ma-Vr: 08h00-16h30

The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms / Hierdie terme bepaal die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie epos. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer