[Ojs] Technical update regarding OJS servers

Hilton Gibson hilton.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:18:13 SAST 2011

Hi All

The first step in providing an OJS journal is to setup the server.
I have provided 7 virtual servers on a library DELL R710 server.
Each server has to be assigned an IP address and hostname which can only be
done by central IT.
I visited Danie Malan, the person responsible, this morning to expedite the
process.
I can only proceed with the OJS software installation when Danie has
completed the registration.
Below are some links for more info if you wish.
* http://www.dell.com/us/enterprise/p/poweredge-r710/pd.aspx
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_machine
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ip_address
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostname

We thank you for your patience. I will inform Ina Smith when we are ready to
create the journals.
Ina will then setup a meeting with each journal manager to setup the
journal. See below for more info.
* http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2.3.3/journalManagementPages.html

Regards

--
Hilton Gibson
Systems Administrator

Cell: +27 846 464 758 | Phone: +27 21 808 4100