[IRTalk] Webinar announcement - The impact of Plan S: a discussion on findings so far (April 9)

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Tue Mar 19 20:43:48 SAST 2024

OASPA is pleased to announce its forthcoming webinar happening on April 9.

Last October the cOAlition S group of funders commissioned a study to
assess the impact of Plan S. The study investigates various aspects of
where this initiative by a group of research funders to promote immediate
Open Access may have had an influence on the global scholarly
communications landscape. Five months on from the kick-off meeting for this
project, this session will offer an opportunity for the early results of
this work to be presented and discussed with the OASPA network.

The webinar may be of particular interest to the publishing community but
is relevant for all stakeholders that have been represented in interviews
in the course of the study – institutional Open Access advocates and
librarians, consortia, research funders, researchers and publishers.
Members of the scidecode team of consultants – all of whom are affiliated
with research-performing organisations – are keen to listen to the feedback
from the wider community on the early findings and recommendations arising
from the study and will be collecting further input during the session
itself.

*We particularly encourage our publishing members to register *for this
webinar and look out for a short survey whose findings will feed into the
webinar. There will also be a few live polls during the webinar to gauge
attendee attitudes to the Plan S. We strongly encourage your participation
so your voice can be heard.

Full information can be found here
<https://www.oaspa.org/events/the-impact-of-plan-s-a-discussion-on-findings-so-far/>.
The registration link is https://bit.ly/oaspa-webinar-registration-april24 -
please do share with your publishing peers.

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org

Support our work - Become an OASPA Supporter
<https://www.oaspa.org/membership/support-us/>
Stay up to date -  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email
Follow us on X <https://twitter.com/OASPA> @OASPA