[IRTalk] New Equity in OA workshop blog post: 'Trust as the new prestige'

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Tue Sep 12 19:02:24 SAST 2023

We are pleased to share the latest post from OASPA's Equity in OA
effort: 'Trust
as the new prestige'
<https://oaspa.org/report-from-equity-in-oa-workshop-4-part-2-trust-as-the-new-prestige/>.
This is the part-2 report from our fourth and final 'Equity in OA' workshop
held in June 2023.

OASPA has detected mistrust and misconceptions about OA from researchers,
from 'Equity in OA' workshop participants and from others across all world
regions. This blog therefore touches on perceptions & malpractice; indexing
& kitemarking; prestige, process & transparency; and finally, of course,
equity in OA. We welcome your thoughts or comments - please feel free to
comment publicly at the end of the blog or email malavika.legge at oaspa.org.

We also look forward to delivering a verbal, wrap-up report about our
'Equity in OA' workshops during a part-interactive feedback session at the
online-only OASPA conference <https://oaspa.org/2023-conference-program/> next
week. If you are able to join us
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/oaspa-2023-online-conference-on-open-access-scholarly-publishing-tickets-656787819047?aff=oddtdtcreator>,
we invite you to participate and have some say in the direction in which
OASPA takes next steps to increase Equity in OA.

We will also be attending the ALPSP meeting this week
<https://alpsp.cventevents.com/event/eb145cef-627e-4059-a4a5-d51799c61244/websitePage:1f46e137-68df-4932-bb2f-7639736a7bb5>,
and Bernie and Malavika from OASPA hope to say hello in case you will be
there.

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org

The OASPA2023 conference will be held online September 19-21 2023 |
Programme https://oaspa.org/2023-conference-program/
Support our work - Become an OASPA Supporter
<https://oaspa.org/support-oaspa/>
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>