[IRTalk] Reminder of OASPA Webinar "Research libraries in an Open Access world" on Thursday December 14

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Wed Dec 6 14:20:24 SAST 2023

A reminder of the last OASPA webinar of 2023 happening next week.

*Research libraries in an Open Access world* will take place on 14
December 2023,
1 - 2.15 pm UK / UTC

Libraries need to engage with evolutions in scholarly communication if they
wish to stay relevant in the context of teaching, learning and research.
Are our libraries prepared for the OA world?

Have libraries changed sufficiently at their core to continue playing a
central role in scholarly communication in a context which is not only
digital but also OA? Is developing publishing programs within the library
the only answer to that question and does this affect other areas of the
library in a significant way? Or should libraries focus completely on a
future as student-oriented learning centres and leave research support to
others?

This webinar will be chaired by *Demmy Verbeke*. We welcome our
panelists J*oanna
Ball, Rachael Samberg, Anna Clements* and* Lai Ma. *

Full information along with speaker biographies can be found on the blog
<https://oaspa.org/research-libraries-in-an-open-access-world/>.

Please join us live
<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bP3-IRSlTrGul8vLajkSaQ> for
this free webinar and contribute to the discussion. Link to registration
page to share:  https://bit.ly/oaspa-webinar-registration-december

With thanks to our 2023 webinar series sponsors whose support enables us to
offer our webinars without charge to all.

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org

OASPA2023 conference recordings at
https://oaspa.org/2023-conference-program/
Support our work - Become an OASPA Supporter
<https://oaspa.org/support-oaspa/>
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA
<https://twitter.com/OASPA>