[IRTalk] Fwd: Welcome to the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) Board of Directors!

Gallant Matizirofa lazarus.matizirofa at up.ac.za
Tue Nov 22 08:40:05 SAST 2022

Congratulations to Dr Daisy Selematsela (University of
Witswatersrand Library) on your new professional appointment!

Welcome to the
https://ndltd.org
 once again. Your passion for the public good of research is recognized by
your global peers. You and your team (NRF/CHELSA/UCT/SUN) brought the
ETD2011 conference to Cape Town for the benefit of African HEIs. This
influenced a lot of us now promoting institutional OA mandates with an
understanding of what the Open Access Movement is all about.

With your knowledge, influence, and commitment, I am confident we will
increase the NDLTD membership on the continent for the good of Open Access
to ETDs (and other research outputs) and for the development of Open
Repositories across Africa - ahead of the
https://or2023.openrepositories.org
 to be hosted by Stellenbosch University.

Lazarus G. Matizirofa
Deputy Director: Scholarly Communications, Digital Systems & Services
Department of Library Services
University of Pretoria, South Africa