[IRTalk] Reminder of next week's OASPA Webinar: Business Models for Open Access Books: A Compendium (February 15, 2022)

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Tue Feb 8 19:47:20 SAST 2022

A reminder that the next OASPA webinar which will focus on business models
for open access books is happring ina a week's time. It will present a new
online resource, in which a range of open access book presses from
different countries around the world share their business model including:
how it works, why it took the form it did, and the specific factors that
shape and guide its ongoing development. The collection will be open for
other presses to add their own business models, and it will be a resource
for consultation by anyone interested in this issue.

The webinar will be chaired by *Lucy Barnes* of Open Book Publishers, an
independent, non-profit and scholar-led OA press based in the UK, who will
also speak about the project as a whole.

We welcome our panelists, who represent several of the presses contributing
to the collection: *Francois van Schalkwyk* who will present on African
Minds, an open access, not-for-profit publisher based in South Africa; *Beth
Bouloukos* will cover Lever Press, an open access press supported by more
than 50 liberal arts institutions in the USA; *Julien McHardy *will speak
about Mattering Press, a UK-registered charitable publisher of OA books;
and *Vincent W. J. van Gerven Oei* will conclude on punctum books, an
independent, OA, para-academic and queer-led press based in California.

The panellists will each speak for 10 minutes, and then we will open it up
to questions from the audience and discussion.

Full information is available on this blog post
<https://oaspa.org/webinar-business-models-for-open-access-books-a-compendium/>
or
you can register directly
<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_qTc6WpORQR-fE0MSCco8OQ>.

Please join us live for live for this free, highly practical webinar and
contribute to the discussion.

Best wishes,

Bernie
[image: webinar sponsors.png]

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>