[IRTalk] Webinar on how to get indexed in Scopus

Wynand Van Der Walt w.vanderwalt at ru.ac.za
Tue Nov 16 07:22:28 SAST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

This is of interest to our community as a number of our institutions
publish journals that are not included in the major indices. Lucia
Schoombee (Elsevier) is arranging a webinar aimed at journal editors to
discuss how to get indexed in Scopus. Prof Jaya Raju who is a subject chair
in the *Scopus Content Selection and Advisory Board* will be the main
speaker.

Technical criteria as required by Scopus will be included,  as well as the
qualitative aspects which independent board members apply when selecting
journals for indexing. Please distribute to journal editors, research
office managers, and journal publishers on campus.

Outline attached. Webinar planned for the 25 of November 2022.

Regards,

Wynand
<https://www.ru.ac.za/library>

Wynand Van Der Walt