[IRTalk] Fwd: Press release: COVID-19 research freely accessible, but research data sharing and preprinting are low

Bernie Folan bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Mon Dec 6 19:40:22 SAST 2021

*Sharing on behalf of RoRI and the C-19 rapid review group*

We have seen the benefits of open science during the pandemic and a new
report from RoRI and the C-19 rapid review group shows that papers on
COVID-19 were published faster, and were open access, but open data and
preprinting remained stubbornly low. There is no magic bullet. If society
is to truly benefit from open science, all stakeholders in the scholarly
publishing ecosystem need to intensify efforts to improve the situation.

Please see today's press release
<https://oaspa.org/press-release-covid-19-research-freely-accessible-but-research-data-sharing-and-preprinting-are-low/>
for full information and a link to the report as well as contact details
for those involved.

Best wishes,
Bernie

*Bernie Folan*
Communications, Engagement and Outreach Manager, OASPA
OASPA, Open Access Scholarly Publishing Association
bernie.folan at oaspa.org
Stay up to date:  Sign up <http://eepurl.com/bYkP8r> for OASPA news by
email | Follow us on Twitter: @OASPA <https://twitter.com/OASPA>
Did you miss our 2021 Conference? Program with recordings
<https://oaspa.org/oaspa-2021-conference-program/>