[IRTalk] FW: Introducing AfricArXiv

Van der Westhuizen, Ansie vdwesapj at unisa.ac.za
Thu Oct 22 12:51:38 SAST 2020

Dear Colleagues

It is my pleasure to share with you a note that I received from Pricilla Mensah about AfricArXiv after the Unisa Open Access 2020 Webinar on the 21st October 2020 where the Unisa Research Data Repository was also launced.

“I will like to introduce to you AfricArXiv – a pan-African Open Access platform: https://info.africarxiv.org/  which is a community-led digital archive for African research, working towards building an African-owned open scholarly repository; a knowledge commons<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_commons> of African scholarly works. We partner with established scholarly repository services to provide a platform for African scientists of any discipline to present their research findings and connect with other researchers on the African continent and globally.

We recently shared our overview document and roadmap, which you can view and download at https://africarxiv.pubpub.org/pub/mwi703cz/

It was shared as preprint in a citable format:

Ahinon, J. S., Arafat, H., Ahmad, U., Achampong, J., Aldirdiri, O., Ayodele, O. T., … Havemann, J. (2020, September 25). AfricArXiv – the pan-African Open Scholarly Repository. https://doi.org/10.31730/osf.io/56p3e

Thank you so much for the incredible work you do and congratulations on your repository and partnership with Figshare.

Would you be interested in having a call with us to discuss both our work and possibilities to collaborate  strategically for? Kindly let us know when we can schedule a call with you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With regards,

Priscilla

AfricArXiv - the African preprint repository platform
http://info.africarxiv.org/
Priscilla Mensah
priscilla at africarxiv.org<mailto:priscilla at africarxiv.org>
T: +49-30-24617688  | M: +49-15787890315
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0134-5495

https://twitter.com/AfricArxiv
https://facebook.com/AfricArxiv
https://www.linkedin.com/company/africarxiv/”

Kind regards

[e-mail-sig-photo]

[e-mail-sig-logo2]
Ansie van der Westhuizen
Non-Commercial Digital Developer (Institutional Repository)
Department of Library Services
vdwesapj at unisa.ac.za

            [e-mail-sig-F] <https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfSouthAfrica>     [e-mail-sig-TW] <https://twitter.com/unisa>     [e-mail-sig-L] <https://www.linkedin.com/edu/university-of-south-africa/universiteit-van-suid-afrika-19881>     [e-mail-sig-Y] <https://www.youtube.com/user/UnisaVideos>
http://www.unisa.ac.za<http://www.unisa.ac.za/>