[IRTalk] #1Lib1Ref starts on Friday May 15 2020 #AfLibWk

Ingrid Thomson ingrid.thomson at uct.ac.za
Wed May 13 11:40:52 SAST 2020

  *    Email has been cross-posted.   Please share with your networks as well.

Dear Colleagues

#1Lib1Ref  #AfLibWk
See the email below from Wikipedia.

  *   Read about the African Librarians' Week   https://web.aflia.net/aflibwk/  which is a new outreach initiative by AfLIA,  in collaboration with Wikimedia, to engage library communities to help fill key gaps in African content on Wikipedia by adding content and missing references to articles about Africa.

 This initiative is supported by LIASA.

Please  watch this space and social media platforms for further updates about webinars providing virtual training and support.

But in the meantime,  please put this in your calendars,  especially the week of 24th - 30th May 2020 which is African Librarians Week.

Kind regards
Ingrid Thomson   ingrid.thomson at uct.ac.za
Jeff Nkoya  Jeff.nyoka at yahoo.com
Wynand van der Walt    w.vanderwalt at ru.ac.za