[IRTalk] Scalar

Wynand Van Der Walt w.vanderwalt at ru.ac.za
Sun Jun 28 08:56:33 SAST 2020

Dear Digital Library and NeDDIC Communities,

I would appreciate it if any of the community members have tried using
Scalar. From what I can see it is an incredibly powerful tool that
definitely impacts on scholarly communication, and especially in how
information is presented taking data visualization to a new level, and also
how we can start collaborating across institutions to bring together
information from a variety of repositories.

Scalar, in beta development by the Alliance for Networking Visual Culture,
is an open-source authoring and publishing platform that's designed to make
it easy for authors to write long-form, born-digital scholarship online.
Scalar enables users to assemble media from multiple sources and juxtapose
them with their own writing in a variety of ways, with the minimal
technical expertise required. See http://scalar.usc.edu/scalar

Regards,

Wynand

<https://www.ru.ac.za/library>

Wynand Van Der Walt
Head Librarian: Technical Services
Rhodes University Library
t: +27 (0) 46 603 8281
Library, Artillery Road, Grahamstown, 6139
PO Box 94, Grahamstown, 6140, South Africa
www.ru.ac.za/library <https://www.ru.ac.za>