[IRTalk] CSIRT training event for SANReN beneficiaries (apply now)

Ina Smith Ina at assaf.org.za
Mon Oct 7 11:15:07 SAST 2019

Forwarded on behalf of Roderick Mooi, Manager: Cybersecurity & CSIRT (acting), South African National Research Network (SANReN), NICIS, CSIR

Dear beneficiaries,

SANReN are pleased to announce that we'll again be hosting TRANSITS I training at the 2019 CHPC Conference following a very successful event last year! This is a training event for Computer Security and Incident Response Team (CSIRT) personnel, as well as individuals with a bona-fide interest in establishing a CSIRT.

"TRANSITS I is aimed at new or potential CSIRT personnel who wish to gain a solid understanding of the main aspects of working in an incident handling and response team. TRANSITS I offers participants a unique opportunity to mix with their peers and discuss security issues in a secured and trusted environment, whilst being tutored by seasoned experts of the European CSIRT community. It offers experience and expertise in Operational, Organisational, Legal and Technical areas which form the knowledge basis of CSIRT personnel."

Dates: 2-4 December 2019 (3 full days)

Venue: Birchwood Hotel & OR Tambo Conference Centre, Boksburg

Venue and training sponsored by SANReN (excl. accommodation and travel [if required]) - valued at R7500pp.

Places available: 30 (one per institution; multiple applications allowed - vetting process with possible seconds)

*Note that this training is only open to SANReN beneficiaries / TENET
customers.*

Apply here (also for more information):
https://events.chpc.ac.za/e/transits2019

Closing date for applications: 15 October 2019

Queries: roderick at sanren.ac.za

Looking forward to having you (/your IT security staff) join us and benefit!

PS we aim to run TRANSITS II next year - which is more technical and hands-on for those who have already completed/will complete TRANSITS I.

Regards,

Roderick Mooi

--
Manager: Cybersecurity & CSIRT (acting)
South African National Research Network (SANReN), NICIS, CSIR

https://csirt.sanren.ac.za | www.sanren.ac.za | tel:+27.12.841.4111 https://www.linkedin.com/in/roderick-mooi
PGP: 0xD250E7E3FA2EE1B2DD5A20F35F9A56700CDE8FC9
ASSAf Disclaimer: The views and opinions included in this email belong to their author and do not necessarily mirror the views and opinions of the organisation. Our employees are obliged not to make any defamatory statements, infringe, or authorise infringement of any legal right. Therefore, the organisation will not accept any liability for such statements included in emails. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, employees are fully responsible for the content of their emails.